This document (the "User Agreement") is a legally binding agreement between
you and Pushover, LLC ("Pushover") that governs your use of Pushover's
By using the Pushover.net web site ("Service"), or any services of Pushover,
you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("User
Changes to the User Agreement
Pushover reserves the right to update and change the User Agreement from
time to time without notice and at its sole discretion.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be
also subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any
such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
You can review the most current version of the User Agreement at any time at:
https://pushover.net/terms. Pushover reserves the right to update and
change the User Agreement by posting updates and changes to the Service
website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for
any updates or changes that may impact you.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your
Account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide a valid e-mail address, and any other information
requested in order to complete the signup process.
- A single e-mail address and password ("login") may only be used by one
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Pushover cannot
and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to
maintain the security of your account and password.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited e-mail,
SMS, or "spam" messages through Pushover.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit
any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service
without the express written permission by Pushover.
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the
sole discretion of Pushover will result in an immediate termination of
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions
contained in this User Agreement before you may become a member of the
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason,
without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided
on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranty or condition,
express, implied or statutory.
- Pushover does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted,
timely, secure, or error-free.
- Pushover does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from
the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- Technical support is only provided on a "best effort" basis and is only
available via e-mail and the provided support forums.
- You understand that Pushover uses third party vendors and hosting
partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage,
and related technology required to run the Service.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts
containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful,
offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise
objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these
Terms of Service.
- Pushover does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your
specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely,
secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the
use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any
products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained
by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any
errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that in no event shall Pushover,
its affiliates, officers, directors and employees be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary
damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits,
goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Pushover has
been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the
use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of
substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information
or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions
entered into through or from the service
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by
taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such
taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state)
- If you used a promotional code to create an account that gave an
ongoing discount for the cost of the Service, upgrading or downgrading
the account will immediately forfeit such discount going forward.
- Canceling your Service will result in the deletion of your Content.
- To maintain the highest quality and availability of the Service,
Pushover imposes reasonable limitations on the rate at which messages may
be sent through our API, e-mail servers, and web servers.
- The number of messages or notifications that each user of the Service
may receive is not limited, unless the rate of messages becomes
unreasonable for any individual to consume or it affects the quality or
performance of the Service.
- Automated transmission of messages through the Service's API may only be
performed by applications ("sources") registered with the Service to be
assigned an API token.
Sources are limited to sending a quantity of messages each calendar month
published on the Pushover website and this quantity may be extended for
each source through the Pushover website on a one-time or recurring
- Only one API token may be registered to a unique source and multiple
API tokens may not be used to circumvent Pushover's limitations of rate
- API tokens may not be shared with or registered on behalf of other
users of the Service.
- We reserve the right to cancel service to any user attempting to
circumvent our limitations.
Cancellation and Termination
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse)
of any Pushover customer, employee, member, or officer will result in
immediate account termination.
- All of your Content will be marked for deletion from the Service upon
cancellation. This information will be permanently deleted within 30
calendar days of cancellation. Once deleted, your Content can not be
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate your Service for any
reason, without notice at any time.
This User Agreement constitutes all the terms and conditions agreed upon
between you and Pushover and supersedes any prior agreements, whether
written or oral. Any additional or different terms or conditions in any
written or oral communication from you to Pushover are void. You agree and
accept that you have not accepted the terms and conditions of this User
Agreement in reliance of or to any oral or written representations made by
Pushover not contained in this User Agreement.
Should for any reason or to any extent any provision of this User Agreement
be held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability shall not
in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining
provisions of this User Agreement and the application of that provision shall
be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
Governing Law and Disputes
This User Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the
substantive laws of the United States of America. Any dispute, controversy or
claim arising out of or in connection with this User Agreement will be
subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of
These terms of service were last updated on April 19, 2021 to explicitly
detail limitations regarding API usage.
These terms of service were previously updated on May 12, 2019 to reflect
that we do not immediately delete content upon service cancellation and some
grace period is generally available.
These terms of service were previously updated on March 13, 2019 to reflect
that Superblock, LLC has been renamed Pushover, LLC.
These terms of service were previously updated on August 8, 2012.